Registration for this event is closed
Registration Ends: May 16, 2018
Laurel Park Tennis Center
151 Manning Rd, Marietta 30064
About Marietta Grand Prix #2 presented by Resurgen's Orthopaedics
How to Sign up for a UTR Event:
Players will receive Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) credit for all matches played.
Player UTRs are available at universaltennis.com.
Entry Fee: ***Oops! This event isn't quite ready for registration yet - contact Tournament Director for questions***
Please go to the following link and sign up: https://tennislink.usta.com/TOURNAMENTS/TournamentHome/Tournament.aspx?T=221432
or you can call us at 770-919-8602 in order to enter the event.
ONE DAY TOURNAMENTS
The Marietta Grand Prix is a series of tournaments that are scheduled to be played only on Saturdays and each begins at 11:00 a.m. Players can arrive earlier to warm up and play will begin at 11:00 am. The goal is to play three shortened format singles or doubles matches. The day usually ends around 4:00 p.m. Some time after the first and second matches lunch is served.
THESE TOURNAMENTS ARE NOW GOING TO BE REPORTING RESULTS TO THE UNIVERSAL TENNIS RATINGS (UTR) FOR PLAYERS. THIS IS A GREATER COMMITMENT FROM TENNIS DYNAMICS IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. ONE ASPECT OF THIS TO REMEMBER IS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE THE LATE ENTRIES AS EASLIY. SO REGISTERING AHEAD OF TIME IS GOING TO BECOME PARAMOUNT.
MARIETTA GRAND PRIX #2 Presented by Resurgen's Orthopaedics
****PLEASE IGNORE THE GREEN, ORANGE OR RED BALL DESIGNATIONS FOR THIS TOURNAMENT. WE ARE PLAYING ALL DIVISIONS WITH YELLOW BALLS ON 78' COURTS. WE ARE USING THE TENNISLINK SITE FOR HANDLING THE REGISTRATION AND EXECUTION OF THE DRAWS WHEN WE HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS! IF WE HAVE LESS THAN 6 IN A DIVISION THERE WILL BE A ROUND ROBIN TYPE FORMAT ADHERED TO FOR THIS TOURNAMENT. IT DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE PLAYS EACH OTHER.
WE ARE ALSO GOING TO BE RUNNING THESE EVENTS AS UTR EVENTS. YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN UP FIRST THRU THE USTA AND THEN YOU WILL NEED TO GET A EVENT UTR ACCOUNT. FOR EACH OF THESE YOU WILL NOT NEED TO PAY ANYTHING. BUT IN ORDER TO GET THE UTR RATING THIS WILL BE WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO FOR THE TOURNAMENT.
FOR DOUBLES: WE CHARGE $10.00 PER DOUBLES PLAYER.
THE DOUBLES IS PLAYED AFTER THE SINGLES UNLESS WE HAVE SPECIFIC "DOUBLES SPECIALISTS" WHO SIGN UP TO PLAY EARLIER IN THE WEEK. IF YOU SIGN UP FOR DOUBLES ONLY THE FEE IS $28.00. THE DOUBLES PLAY IS SINGLE ELIMINATION FOR THE DOUBLES EVENTS PLAYED AFTER THE SINGLES. FOR THE STAND ALONE DOUBLES EVENTS THE DRAWS ARE COMPASS OR ROUND ROBIN DRAWS. IF YOU WIN YOU CONTINUE ON TO PLAY THE NEXT ROUND. WE HAVE A SPECIAL DOUBLES CATEGORY CALLED WILDCARD DOUBLES. YOU CAN PAIR UP ANY WAY IN THIS DIVISION.
**FOR DOUBLES: If you do not have a partner we will try to find one for you.
YOU NEED TO CALL US AND LET US KNOW YOU WANT TO PLAY DOUBLES. THE WILDCARD DOUBLES DIVISION IS SET UP TO PLAY ANY COMBINATION YOU WANT TO PLAY. DOUBLES IS PLAYED LATER IN THE DAY ON SATURDAY AFTER THE SINGLES EVENTS.
1. Any player who withdraws must notify the Referee immediately. Players do not need to be members of USTA to play this tournament. Less than two entrants in a division will mean that event will be closed and the entrants placed in the next appropriate level up or down. The best advice we can give you is not to enter a tournament unless your calendar is open. Individuals may enter one singles and one doubles event.
2. While the scoring system is abbreviated this does not apply to the court or the balls used for this tournament. All ages and levels will play with the Regulation Yellow ball and on 78' courts. THIS INCLUDES THE 8 AND UNDER BOYS AND GIRLS AND THE 10 AND UNDER BOYS AND GIRLS. PLEASE NOTE THIS WHEN SIGNING UP FOR THE TOURNAMENT. ON TENNISLINK IT WILL SAY ANOTHER THING BUT IN OUR ACTUAL PLAY WE WILL DO ANOTHER.
3. This year we are fortunate enough to have RESURGEN'S ORTHOPAEDICS sponsoring the MARIETTA GRAND PRIX. Awards will be given to the points winners at the end of the season.
4. BECAUSE WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE THE SPONSORSHIP HELP FROM THE BRYAN BROTHERS FOUNDATION IN PAST SEASONS WE STILL HAVE SOME SHIRTS, AND SWEATS AND WE WILL GIVE THEM OUT AS LONG AS SUPPLIES LAST.
5. Goal is to provide at least 3 matches which could be simply three sets. OUR GOAL INCLUDES: DRAW SIZES OF 8 PLAYERS. The formats needed call for a modified set or sets to be played. If the entries are high the match would be 1 set played with No-Ad scoring to 6 games with a 12-Point Tiebreaker at 6 Games-All. If entries are low a format with two sets, each starting at 2-all and a full third set is preferred. One day tournaments are held on Saturdays.
6. No refunds will be given once a tournament entry has been accepted and filed online. A credit toward the next tournament is offered if the player notifies us by Friday noon of the day before the tournament. If one round is completed in an event then the tournament will be counted as complete. No refunds will be given. Now that we are using TennisLink for our tournaments there will be a $3.00 fee with each transaction.
8. Lunch will be served to all players during the tournament. If there is a significant other as a spectator then they can pay $10.00 and eat.
9. These tournaments will all use abbreviated scoring each Saturday and are played over one day. For these events we use a variety of scoring formats to help with the developmental process of the juniors.
10. Entering a Grand Prix tournament and showing up to first match is worth 5 points. Each win is awarded 5 points. Each loss is awarded 2.5 points. Grand Prix points leaders in different divisions at the end of the tournament series will will the Grand Prizes.
11. During these tournaments coaching is allowed. You may speak to the players most freely at the benches during the changeovers. Quiet and limited comments may be made during points. If this becomes abused in the judgement of the REFEREE then the coaching will be limited to only during the changeovers and from the bench.
Tournament Director: James Weber