Registration for this event is closed
Registration Ends: June 14, 2018
Laurel Park Tennis Center
151 Manning Rd, Marietta 30064
About Marietta Grand Prix #3 presented by Resurgen's Orthopaedics
WHILE YOU WILL SIGN UP/REGISTER AND PAY FOR THIS EVENT ON THE USTA'S WEBSITE YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE A UTR ACCOUNT SO WE CAN INPUT YOUR RESULTS. PLEASE DO THIS.
How to Sign up for a UTR Event:
Players will receive Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) credit for all matches played.
Player UTRs are available at universaltennis.com.
Entry Fee: You will sing up for this tournament over on the USTA's website. BELOW WE HAVE INCLUDED THE USTA WEBSITE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT.
After the tournament is over we will post the results to the UTR website.
Minimum number of matches for each player in this tournament: Each division will be very nice if we are able to get around 8 players in each. But if not we will be happy to mix divisions and do round robins. We have done these events for almost 10 years and we will continue to do them with or without the USTA or the UTR services. We have added these services to help build the popularity of the tournaments.
Match, set and game scoring format: We use a variety of formats for these tournament but we avoid the NO-AD scoring as much as we can and we avoid the 10 point match TB for the third set. However we do use other creative methods of scoring to get the job done.
WHAT PLAYERS/PARENTS/COACHES NEED TO KNOW: These events are a lot of fun and we hope you join us. PLEASE REFER TO THE NOTES BELOW TO LEARN MORE.
MARIETTA GRAND PRIX #3 Presented by Resurgen's Orthopaedics
MW(Op)sd,NEF; BG(12-16 (78'Court/Yellow Ball) )sd,NEF; NMW(3.0-3.5)sd,NEF, Open - $31.00 for first event; . BG(8 (36'Court/Red Ball) ,10 (78'Court/Green Ball) )s,NEF, Open - $24.00 for first event; . All fees per player per event. Maximum fee charged per player is $35 plus the processing fees for the number of events you select.
****PLEASE IGNORE THE GREEN, ORANGE OR RED BALL DESIGNATIONS FOR THIS TOURNAMENT. WE ARE PLAYING ALL DIVISIONS WITH YELLOW BALLS ON 78' COURTS. WE ARE USING THE TENNISLINK SITE FOR HANDLING THE REGISTRATION AND EXECUTION OF THE DRAWS WHEN WE HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS! IF WE HAVE LESS THAN 6 IN A DIVISION THERE WILL BE A ROUND ROBIN TYPE FORMAT ADHERED TO FOR THIS TOURNAMENT. IT DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE PLAYS EACH OTHER. We will combine when we have to certain divisions.
FOR DOUBLES: THE DOUBLES IS PLAYED AFTER THE SINGLES UNLESS WE HAVE SPECIFIC "DOUBLES SPECIALISTS" WHO SIGN UP TO PLAY EARLIER IN THE WEEK. IF YOU SIGN UP FOR DOUBLES ONLY THE FEE IS $28.00. THE DOUBLES PLAY IS SINGLE ELIMINATION FOR THE DOUBLES EVENTS PLAYED AFTER THE SINGLES. FOR THE STAND ALONE DOUBLES EVENTS THE DRAWS ARE COMPASS OR ROUND ROBIN DRAWS. IF YOU WIN YOU CONTINUE ON TO PLAY THE NEXT ROUND. WE HAVE A SPECIAL DOUBLES CATEGORY CALLED WILDCARD DOUBLES. YOU CAN PAIR UP ANY WAY IN THIS DIVISION.
**FOR DOUBLES: If you do not have a partner we will try to find one for you.
YOU NEED TO CALL US AND LET US KNOW YOU WANT TO PLAY DOUBLES. THE WILDCARD DOUBLES DIVISION IS SET UP TO PLAY ANY COMBINATION YOU WANT TO PLAY. DOUBLES IS PLAYED LATER IN THE DAY ON SATURDAY AFTER THE SINGLES EVENTS.
1. Any player who withdraws must notify the Referee immediately. Players do not need to be members of USTA to play this tournament. Less than two entrants in a division will mean that event will be closed and the entrants placed in the next appropriate level up or down. The best advice we can give you is not to enter a tournament unless your calendar is open. Individuals may enter one singles and one doubles event.
2. While the scoring system is abbreviated this does not apply to the court or the balls used for this tournament. All ages and levels will play with the Regulation Yellow ball and on 78' courts. THIS INCLUDES THE 8 AND UNDER BOYS AND GIRLS AND THE 10 AND UNDER BOYS AND GIRLS. PLEASE NOTE THIS WHEN SIGNING UP FOR THE TOURNAMENT. ON TENNISLINK IT WILL SAY ANOTHER THING BUT IN OUR ACTUAL PLAY WE WILL DO ANOTHER.
3. This year we are fortunate enough to have RESURGEN'S ORTHOPAEDICS sponsoring the MARIETTA GRAND PRIX. Awards will be given to the points winners at the end of the season.
4. BECAUSE WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE THE SPONSORSHIP HELP FROM THE BRYAN BROTHERS FOUNDATION IN PAST SEASONS WE STILL HAVE SOME SHIRTS, AND SWEATS AND WE WILL GIVE THEM OUT AS LONG AS SUPPLIES LAST. Please enter online at the USTA link provided.
5. Goal is to provide at least 3 matches which could be simply three individual sets per match. OUR GOAL INCLUDES: DRAW SIZES OF 8 PLAYERS. The One-Day format means a modified set or sets are played. If the entries are high the match would be 1 set to be played with No-Ad scoring to 6 games with a 12-Point Tiebreaker at 6 Games-All. If entries are low a format with two sets, each starting at 2-all and a full third set is preferred. One day tournaments are held on Saturdays.
6. No refunds will be given once a tournament entry has been accepted and filed online. A credit toward the next tournament is offered if the player notifies us by Friday noon of the day before the tournament. If one round is completed in an event then the tournament will be counted as complete. No refunds will be given. Now that we are using TennisLink for our tournaments there will be a $3.00 fee with each transaction.
8. Lunch will be served to all players during the tournament. If there is a significant other as a spectator then they can pay $10.00 and eat.
9. The MGP tournaments will all use abbreviated scoring each Saturday and are played over one day. For these events we use a variety of scoring formats to help with the developmental process of the juniors. WE MIGHT START EACH SET AT 2-ALL AND PLAY OUT THE THIRD SET. WE MIGHT JUST PLAY ONE SET. WE WILL AVOID THE NO-AD SCORING.
10. Entering a Grand Prix tournament and showing up to first match is worth 5 points. Each win is awarded 5 points. Each loss is awarded 2.5 points. Grand Prix points leaders in different divisions at the end of the tournament series will will the Grand Prizes.
11. During these tournaments coaching is allowed. You may speak to the players most freely at the benches during the changeovers. Quiet and limited comments may be made during points. If this becomes abused in the judgement of the REFEREE then the coaching will be limited to only during the changeovers and from the bench.
In conjunction with our Grand Prix events we will be holding the The Rally Cup Challenge during the 2018 season. We will let you know when this event will be held on the Important Info section of this site. It will not be held with the #1 Event. THE RALLY CUP CHALLENGE MOST LIKELY WILL NOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS EVENT.
The Tennis Dynamics Rally Cup Challenge is a special event held 4 times each year at the Laurel Park Tennis Center in Marietta, GA. Tennis Dynamics began the Rally Cup Challenge this year as a fun new challenge for players of all levels and ages to compete for the longest continuous rally with a yellow ball on a 78′ court.
* Pairs of players begin a rally on a full or half court (begun at the blow of a whistle) with only one (yellow) regulation tennis ball from the baseline.
* The players have one ball and one chance to keep the rally going.
* Once either player misses in the rally they are done.
* The last pair standing and rallying wins - but the credit for the rally count only goes to the one player who makes the last ball in the court.
* A player may save an out ball by rallying the ball back out of the air but the rally is over if the ball lands outside of the lines or if the ball bounces twice.
* The rally is over if the players stop the rally for any reason.
* The rally is over if the ball lands in the net.
* An official will ask players to keep the ball in a rally mode such as to be from baseline to baseline.
* If a rally begins to take place predominantly inside the service box then players will be disqualified.
* A good rule of thumb is the rally must happen where the ball is landing beyond the service box more than 60-70% of the time.
This contest takes place on Saturday, March 19th, 2016 promptly at 10:30 a.m. before the Marietta Grand Prix. The winner of the contest gets the recognition and his/her name engraved permanently on the enormous silver trophy kept at the Laurel Park Tennis Center. All players need to be present at 10:20 a.m. in order to review the rules for the contest. If the players are entered into the Marietta Grand Prix then they are then they are able to compete at no charge. If the are not entered in the MGP then the fee is $5.00.
The first Rally Cup Challenge contest was held in 2015 and was won by a fantastic 6 year-old girl named Chloe Zigliara. Chloe managed to rally just under a 400-ball-rally with her partner. To win the Rally Cup Challenge it takes skill and discipline. Chloe defeated several older ranked players to win the first challenge. 10 kids and adults joined in the contest which lasted over 30 minutes. This weekend might produce another fantastic rally as players are already pairing up for the challenge.
So come join us to participate or come join us to watch the contest!
Entry to this tournament is open to USTA Members, USTA Members who have an expired membership and Non-USTA Members. Entries must be submitted by Friday, April 20, 2018 11:59:00 PM Eastern Time.
In the future on Tennislink, you can jump straight to this tournament by entering the tournament identification number: 700068318 from the searchable schedule homepage.
Division and Draw Type Abbreviations Legend
To use TennisLink, cookies must be enabled in the user's browser. For more information, please go to your browser's help menu.
Tournament Director: James Weber