Tournament Info Registration Ends: February 19, 2018
Millfield, Street BA 16 0YD
About Progress Tour 2018 - Millfield School
ENTER NOW using the registration at the top right of this page.
The Progress Tour 2018 is a new and innovative national series of tennis events, taking place at nine venues across the UK throughout 2018, with a total player support fund of £8,000.
The second stage of the tour takes us to the South West region, on the indoor acrylic courts of Millfield School Tennis Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualifying & Main Draw take place over TWO SEPARATE WEEKENDS in March.
LEVEL-BASED & PROGRESSIVE COMPETITION
* This is a fully Level-Based Event without regard for age or gender - qualifying and main draw are co-ed events. ANY junior, aspiring pro, college or adult club player with a UTR level of 7.5 or higher is invited to enter.
* Players begin the tournament with matches against players at the same or similar level, based on their Universal Tennis Rating (UTR), and have the opportunity to progress and pit their wits against higher level UTR players and a shot at the title.
* Qualifying will take place March 3rd & 4th, and Main Draw from March 9th - 11th.
* All matches to be played on Indoor Hard court, with each match being the best of 3 sets - 2 Tie-break sets - 3rd Set Championship Tie-break
* Qualifying Format - Round robin format, with every player guaranteed three level-based matches. The winner of each round robin will progress...
* Main Draw Format - Multiple entry draw, in which every player is guaranteed at least two level-based matches, win or lose.
* When entering, players commit to being available to play each scheduled day of the tournament.
PLAYER ACCEPTANCE & UTR
* Players UTR level as of the official entry deadline will be used to determine Main Draw, Qualifying and reserve lists, as well as for seeding purposes.
* LTA ratings/rankings will not be used for acceptance or seeding purposes.
* Acceptance lists will be published 24 hours after the official entry deadline. There is no separate withdrawal deadline. An entry is deemed to be final - no refund of entry fee can be given after the stated entry date.
* Players will receive Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) credit for all matches played.
* Player UTRs are available at universaltennis.com/register - claim your UTR profile here.
* A UTR subscription is required to search and view player ratings on the UTR system, with pricing starting at forever free for UTR Basic. The UTR Premium Plus allows subscribers access to search and view college team profiles.
PRIZE FUND & SPECIAL EVENTS
* Prize money, plus additional value prizes will be awarded as below. (guaranteed upon reaching 60% sign-up capacity)
Winner - £200
Runner-Up - £100
Highest finishing female player - £100 (paid in addition to above - in the event of a tie, bye or walkover, a one set shootout event will decide the winner)
* Limited hospitality (host families) may be available to players and will be based on a first come, first served basis once acceptance lists have been released.
* Details on the Progress Tour workshop/seminar will be released on or before February 1st.
THE PROGRESS TOUR MASTERS
* The event winner, runner-up and the highest finishing female player will guarantee themselves a place in the Masters event finale and a shot at being crowned the Progress Tour Masters Champion 2018.
* Please see www.fb.me/TheProgressTour for updates on the Masters prize fund package.
LIMTED DRAW SPACES AVAILABLE. ENTER NOW - £38 - please click on the registration button at the top right hand corner of this page...
Tournament Director: Barry Fulcher