In partnership with Tennis Smart
Sutton Tennis & Squash Club, 19 Devonshire Road, Sutton SM2 5HH
About Progress Tour 2018 - Sutton
ENTER NOW using the registration at the top right of this page.
The Progress Tour 2018 is a new and innovative national series of tennis events, taking place at nine venues across the UK throughout 2018, with a total player support fund of £8,000.
The tour takes us back to the South East to one of the UKs most traditional British tennis Clubs - Sutton Tennis & Squash Club, known in tennis circles for staging some of the biggest events on the UK calendar. Right in the middle of the Wimbledon fortnight, the showcase event, in partnership with Tennis Smart, looks set to host some of Britains top junior and pro players, as well as travelling ITF players.
NB. For ITF juniors and pro players, flexibility on entry will be offered to players competing at an official event during the same week - please contact the TD for more info.
College coaches from the US and from top British Universities will visit the event on the recruiting trail, and with some great extra prize categories and development opportunities, the showcase event looks set to be our biggest Progress Tour event of the year so far.. please see below for details of the prize fund.
Please visit the Facebook page to keep updated on prizes and details of workshops - www.fb.me/TheProgressTour
LEVEL-BASED & PROGRESSIVE COMPETITION
* This is a fully Level-Based Event without regard for age or gender - qualifying and main draw are co-ed events. ANY junior, aspiring pro, college or adult club player with a UTR level of 7.5 or higher is invited to enter.
* Players begin the tournament with matches against players at the same or similar level, based on their Universal Tennis Rating (UTR), and have the opportunity to progress and pit their wits against higher level UTR players and a shot at the title.
* Qualifying will take place July 4th & 5th, and Main Draw from July 5th - 7th.
* All matches to be played on Outdoor Hard court, with each match being the best of 3 sets - 2 Tie-break sets - 3rd Set Championship Tie-break
* Qualifying Format - Multiple entry draw format, with every player guaranteed three level-based matches. Qualifiers will progress...
* Main Draw Format - Multiple entry draw, in which every player is guaranteed at least three level-based matches, win or lose.
* When entering, players commit to being available to play each scheduled day of the tournament.
PLAYER ACCEPTANCE & UTR
* Players UTR level as of the official entry deadline will be used to determine Main Draw, Qualifying and reserve lists, as well as for seeding purposes.
* LTA ratings/rankings will not be used for acceptance or seeding purposes.
* Acceptance lists will be published 24 hours after the official entry deadline. There is no separate withdrawal deadline. An entry is deemed to be final - no refund of entry fee can be given after the stated entry date.
* Players will receive Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) credit for all matches played.
* Player UTRs are available at universaltennis.com/register - claim your UTR profile here.
* A UTR subscription is required to search and view player ratings on the UTR system, with pricing starting at forever free for UTR Basic. The UTR Premium Plus allows subscribers access to search and view college team profiles.
PRIZE FUND & SPECIAL EVENTS
* Prize money, plus additional value prizes will be awarded as below. (guaranteed upon reaching 60% sign-up capacity)
Winner - £800
Runner-Up - £400
Highest finishing female player - £400 (paid in addition to above - in the event of a tie, bye or walkover, a shootout event will decide the winner)
* Limited hospitality (host families) may be available to players and will be based on a first come, first served basis once acceptance lists have been released.
* Details on the Progress Tour workshop/seminar will be released on or before June 1st.
THE PROGRESS TOUR MASTERS
* The event winner, runner-up and the highest finishing female player will guarantee themselves a place in the Masters event finale and a shot at being crowned the Progress Tour Masters Champion 2018.
* Please see www.fb.me/TheProgressTour for updates on the Masters prize fund package.
LIMTED DRAW SPACES AVAILABLE. ENTER NOW - £38 - please click on the registration button at the top right hand corner of this page...
Tournament Director: Barry Fulcher