Registration for this event is closed
Registration Ends: October 30, 2017
3609 Bellaire Dr. N, Fort Worth 76129
About Bayard Friedman Tennis Center $5,000 Prize Money UTR at TCU
How to Sign up for a UTR Event:
- Prize money distribution:
Tournament Champion - $1,500.00
Finalist - $500.00
Semifinalists - $250.00
- Matches November 3rd and 6-10 will begin at 5:00pm or later (some flexibility allowed), with no more than 2 rounds of singles each day - no matches will be played Saturday, Nov. 4. Matches may take place throughout the day Sunday, November 5th. Semifinals and finals will be played on Saturday, November 11, beginning in the morning.
- Player UTRs will be used when selecting players for the tournament and/or division/draw. Seeding based on UTRs.
- Expect a staggered-entry singles draw - an example based on 64 players is in the illustration above.
- Minimum number of matches for each player in this tournament: 2
- Maximum number of players for this tournament: 64 men, 64 women
- Scoring format: Best of 3 sets, no-ad scoring
- Coaching allowed by a professional coach who has checked in as a player's coach at check-in. Coaching can happen at changeover, within the regular pace of play and without verbal interruption.
With UTR Events there is no need to shop for tournaments, strong draw, weak draw, points per round considerations, etc. There is no strategy in waiting to sign up and find out who else may decide to play. Your placement in a level-based draw will be based on your UTR. You will get a set number of matches in a draw that will increase the likelihood that you have matches both good for your development and good for your opportunity to improve your UTR. In the event that there are not enough players within a near enough UTR range for this to be possible, then the Tournament Director will not place you in a draw that isn’t good for you. Your fees will be refunded. If everyone is waiting on the sideline to see who else enters then nobody ends up playing. This is a new mindset. If you want to play then register with confidence and without regard for who else is playing. Again, the Tournament Director will not allow players to be placed in draws that are not beneficial for the player.
Entry Fee: $40 (no refund given after registration closes at midnight on October 26th)
Tournament Director: Jonathan Pham